WAEC 2017/2018 LIKELY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR CIVIC EDUCATION
Note: This is the Expected Questions and Answers for Civic Education
SOME OF THE QUESTIONS
1. Which of the following is an
acceptable societal value?
A. Honesty B. Merriment
C. Praise singing
D. Family planning
2. Which of the following is an effective way of resolving inter-communal conflict?
3. When there is a dispute in a community, members should
A. be indifferent to the issue.
B. cooperate with others.
C. leave the community entirely.
D. be resolute to their cause.
4.Community development projects
can best be achieved if the people are
5.Which of the following is a major
problem of the Nigerian Civil Service?
B. Red tapism
6. The civic obligation of a citizen
A. political socialization.
B. political participation.
C. engaging in family planning.
D. engaging in business ventures.
7. The following are goals of
citizenship education except
A. preparing learners for leadership.
B. developing appropriate attitude
in the learners.
C. creating job opportunities.
D. providing social amenities.
8. HIV/AIDS is spread mainly through
A. indiscriminate sexual intercourse.
B. kissing and hugging.
C. sharing toiletries with victims.
D. handshake with victims.
9. People living with HIV/AIDS could
be assisted by
A. isolating them.
B. showing them love.
C. blaming them.
D. avoiding them.
10. Which of the following does not
promote national consciousness?
A. Respect for the symbols and identities of the country
B. Promotion of people’s culture
C. Appropriate use of the
D. Inappropriate use of state
11. Modern countries adopt rule of
law in order to make
A. lawyers independent.
B. the law supreme.
C. the judiciary part of legislature.
D. laws in parliament.
12. The habit of obeying traffic
regulations helps the individual to
A. report late at work.
B. avoid unnecessary accident.
C. be lazy at work.
D. use unauthorized route.
13. Which of the following roles
should a responsible parent perform?
A. Sending the children to hawk on
B. Instilling in children appropriate
values and attitude
C. Encouraging early marriage
D. Showing favour to a particular child
14. A challenge facing the protection
of human rights in Nigeria is
A. absence of public complaints
B. failure of leaders to promote rule
C. independence of the judiciary.
D. press freedom
15. Election is a key pillar of democracy because it helps to
A. determine the legitimacy of government.
B. unite the country against external
C. create goodwill and unity among
D. identify the richest political
party in Nigeria.
1. (a) What is citizenship education?
(b) Identify four roles of citizenship education.
2. (a) What is inter-communal conflict?
(b) Highlight four ways of resolving inter-communal conflicts in Nigeria.
3. In what five ways can the legislature contribute to the development of democracy in
4. (a) Define democracy.
(b) State four ways of promoting democracy in Nigeria.
5. (a) Explain the term Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
(b) State four reasons for the introduction of the Universal Declaration of Human